Current Affairs April 2021: 01 April 2021
Here we will update the daily news and current affairs on daily basis, keep visiting this site to stay updated. Here are the current affairs of 01 April 2021.
Current Affairs April 2021: 01 April 2021
- The Film Actor Rajnikanth will be honoured with the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award for the year 2019. It is the highest honor of Indian Cinema and the actor will be awarded on 03 May 2021.
- The Reserve Bank of India has announced that the applicable base rate will be changed by 0.15% (15 basis points) to 7.81%. Due to this change Non Banking Finance Company(NBFC) and Micro Finance Institutes (MFI) are expected to cheaper their loan from 01 April 2021.
- The new income tax rules announced by the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman while presenting the Union Budget 2021-22, came into effect from 01 April 2021.
- World Bank predicted 10.1% growth rate of Indian GDP for the year 2021-22 fiscal. Earlier the World Bank predicted 5.4% growth rate in January 2021.
- The World Bank released the Bangladesh Growth rate for the years 2020-21 and 2021-22 to 3.6% and 5.1% respectively.
- Director-General of Police Dilbag Singh sanctioned a retirement gift over Rs. 1.60 Crores in favor of 219 personnel of J&K, as a token of appreciation on his retirement on 31 Mar 2021. The personnel belongs to different units/wings and ranks of the police department will get Rs 75,000 per person from the Contributory Police Welfare fund.
- Uttar Pradesh State’s Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam listed itself at Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on 31 March 2021. It is the first ever green bond issuance by any Municipal Corporation in India, by this bond the Nagar Nigam raised Rs 150 Crores.
- On 01 April 2021, Odisha is celebrating its 86th statehood day, also known as Utkal Diwas. In 1936 the state came into existence by merging some area from Bengal, Bihar and Orissa province.
- The Indian Cricket Team captain Virat Kohli maintained his spot at the top in the ICC Ranking for the One Day International (ODI) batsman released on 31 March 2021 while Pakistani Batsman Babar Azam and Rohit Sharma on Second and Third position respectively.
- The National Junior Women’s Hockey Championship, that was earlier scheduled from 03 April 2021, in Simdega district of Jharkhand has been postponed due to Covid-19 positive cases of 11 players and 01 coach.
- In IPL 2021, Rishabh Pant has been appointed as the Delhi Capitals captain. This is the first captaincy assignment for pant in the IPL as Shreyas Iyer was ruled out of the season after he dislocated his left shoulder during the ODI series.
- The President of United States Joe Biden has outlined a once-in-a-generation investment in America, plan of 2.3 trillion dollar for re-engineer the nation’s infrastructure.
- AYUSH ministry of India has invited the applications for the Prime Minister’s Yoga Award (PMYA), the nomination process began on 30 March 2021 for the year 2021 and hosted on My Gov platform. The winner will be announced on International Yoga Day (21 June 2021).
- In view of the difficulties arising out in Covid-19 pandemic, the Govt. has extended the last date for linking of AADHAAR number with PAN up to 30 June 2021.
- The HSN (Harmonized System of Nomenclature) Code or Service Accounting Code (SAC) is now mandatory for the GST taxpayer of more than Rs 5 Crores in the preceding financial year.
- Defence equipment deal for transfer of defence equipment and technology was signed between Japan and Indonesia to boost cooperation.
- India-Mauritius Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA) to encourage and improve trade between the countries will come into effect from 01 April 2021.
- International Transgender Day of Visibility celebrated on 31 March every year, from 2009.
- To Develop infrastructure in Uttarakhand Coal India Limited has signed an MoU with Shri Kedarnath Uthhan Charitable Trust (SKUCT) to provide financial assistance of Rs. 19 Crores.
- Pakistan’s Economic Coordination Council allowed the import of cotton and yarn from India on 31 March 2021. Pakistan is also planning to import sugar from India. India is the world’s biggest cotton producer and second biggest sugar producer.
- Uniion Bank of India(Govt owned bank) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited have announce the launch of Co-branded contactless RuPay credit card.
- The Indian Army formally closed down military farms on 31 March 2021. The first military farm was raised on 01 Feb 1889 at Allahabad.
To get continue updates on current affairs please visit this website daily. We are updating the current affairs and daily news on our site on daily basis.
Hope you get some benefits from our updates.
Thanks for your valuable time. Keep reading, keep learning and stay updated.