A Concise Companion to Postcolonial Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
Price: ₹ 2,918.85
(as of Nov 07,2020 05:50:08 UTC – Details)
Taking an innovative and multi-disciplinary approach to literature from 1947 to the present day, this concise companion is an indispensable guide for anyone seeking an authoritative understanding of the intellectual contexts of postcolonial literature and culture.
- An indispensable guide for anyone seeking an authoritative understanding of the intellectual contexts of Postcolonialism, bringing together 10 original essays from leading international scholars including C. L. Innes and Susan Bassnett
- Explains the ideas and practises that emerged from the dismantling of European empires
- Explores the ways in which these ideas and practices influenced the period’s keynote concerns, such as race, culture, and identity; literary and cultural translations; and the politics of resistance
- Chapters cover the fields of identity studies, orality and literacy, nationalisms, feminism, anthropology and cultural criticism, the politics of rewriting, new geographies, publishing and marketing, translation studies.
- Features a useful Chronology of the period, thorough general bibliography, and guides to further reading